Great option for a healthy breakfast or snack, using up ripe bananas.
Prep Time 15 minutes, Cook Time 20 minutes, Ready in 35 minutes
Degree of Difficulty – Easy
Servings 12 muffins
PREHEAT OVEN 400 DEGREES
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas (around 2 medium/large bananas)
1/4 cup almond slivers (optional)
- In medium bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
- Bake 400 degrees F (205C) for 18-20 minutes
- Let muffins stay in muffin pan for 5-10 minutes resting on a cooling rack.
- Remove muffins from muffin pan and place on cooling rack.
Dry ingredients below
Wet ingredients below
Mixed dry, mixed wet below
Combined wet and dry below
Baked set of muffins below
recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.Com