These brownies are terrific and super simple. They can go into the oven in 15 minutes with little cleanup!
- 1/3rd Cup of Butter of 2.5 ounces (cut into a few pieces)
- 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts optional
- 1 oz powder sugar optional (but makes the brownies even prettier and tasty)
- 7X7 square pan preferred but ok in 8X8 but brownie will be much thinner
- parchment liner piece of paper or grease bottom well
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over almost boiling water (or use a double boiler pot if you have one). Make sure the water does not touch the bowl.
- Leave until melted on own, then stir together
- Remove from heat
- Stir sugar into the butter and leave for 5-10 minutes to cool
- Beat eggs into bowl with butter and sugar
- Add the flour and the pinch of salt. and stir being careful not to overmix
- Add nuts and stir if desired.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment paper or waxed paper for bottom.
- If desired butter the bottom of the parchment
- Pour mixture into the lined baking tin and level the top by tilting the pan or using a spoon
- Cook 25-35 minutes until firm around the edges but still slightly soft in the middle
- Do not overcook – 28-30 minutes for a 7X7 should be perfect, shorter if larger pan.
- Test with toothpick
- Sprinkle powder sugar over brownies
- Cool on a cooling rack carefully lifting the paper and brownies onto the rack.
- Cut into 9 – 12 squares